The Best of MUTTS
Patrick McDonnell's MUTTS is up there with Peanuts, Pogo, Krazy Kat, and Calvin and Hobbes-cartoons that are smart and funny, brilliantly drawn and full of heart." -Matt Groening, The Simpsons creator"To me, MUTTS is exactly what a comic strip should be." -Charles Schulz, Peanuts creator
* The Best of Mutts is an impressively lavish 10-year retrospective featuring Patrick McDonnell's favorite Mutts strips published since 1994, along with original commentary and an introduction by authors Glen David Gold (Carter Beats the Devil) and Alice Sebold (The Lovely Bones).
Ten years. A decade. In dog and cat years it's even longer, and in cartooning years, well, it's just plain rare to maintain the popularity and consistent excellence that MUTTS and Patrick McDonnell have achieved. In The Best of MUTTS the 17th-and first-ever hardcover with Andrews McMeel Publishing- MUTTS cartoon collection, McDonnell selects his favorite strips from the past 10 years.
* Certain to be a much-sought-after holiday gift and a special tome for collectors and fans, this collection is divided into ten chapters, each featuring an introduction by McDonnell.
* Earl and Mooch, along with supporting sidekicks Shtinky Puddin', Sourpuss, Guard Dog, and Crabby, are featured. Including the Gift of Nothing, the introduction of the pink sock, belly rubs, angel visits, and the formation of the MUTTS Book Club, this treasury collects more than 300 poignantly entertaining MUTTS strips.
* Always striking a delicate balance between lighthearted fun and responsible social commentary, McDonnell's work has been recognized by critics and the popular press for its distinctive style, heartwarming humor, and strong yet non-preachy stand on responsible pet ownership, animal protection and advocacy, art and artist appreciation, the celebration of nature, and the sanctity of all life.
* MUTTS appears in 700 newspapers in over 20 countries and receives about two million visits each month to its official Web site, muttscomics.com
Out of stock